Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2017 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

ELDER BIEHN GETS BANISHED TO AN ENGLISH WARD
My old district in Old Town
Another of my favorite families

Hey guys!

Well, as the title says and due to having transfers this past week, I've been transferred to an English Ward. But don't worry, this Ward just so happens to have a Spanish group attached to it so I still get to be a Spanish missionary. It's just weird because I'm doing a lot more with a regular Ward than I've done in my entire mission in total. And it's only been 4 days!
One of my favorite families






















So the strangest part is that I got transferred. I totally thought that Old Town was going to be my last area and I was going to finish my mission there. WRONG. At least now I'm 100% positive I will be finishing my mission here. Haha. Last transfer and all. But the group is awesome and so is the English Ward. It is called Potomac Crossing and the Spanish area is huge! All of us in the Spanish program refer to his area as "banishment" (that's why is said I got banished) just because it is so far away from everything. It is the strangest thing because we cover most of the stake by ourselves and we are the only Spanish missionaries for miles. And our area is at least an hour away from the next closest Spanish area so we literally have no contact with any other Spanish missionaries. It's really weird and something I'm still getting used to having served in complete wards my whole mission. But hey, this is an interesting challenge! There are so few people in the group that we just meet in the Relief Society room for sacrament meeting. I felt like one of those missionaries that goes and serves in an area that doesn't have a ton of members, barely enough for a branch. So that is a cool feeling. Plus being a part of the English Ward means that we don't go hungry... ever.  Dinners everyday are super nice and it is a super nice area too. Like everyone has really nice houses. We cover a couple of cities but the two biggest ones are Leesburg and Ashburn. And man, this is a really nice area. It's clean and well kept, a lot different than crowded dirty Alexandria that I was serving in before. Don't get me wrong, I love the city atmosphere but this is a nice change. Speaking of Alexandria, I was super sad to be leaving Old Town because there were a lot of cool members there and with it being the holidays I didn't get to say bye to a lot of them. But I guess that just means I'll have to come back to visit some time 😁

So I bet you're probably wondering about my new companion. His name is Elder Malmstrom and he is from Utah. He's been out about 15 months and he is REALLY quiet and soft spoken. But once he feels comfortable then he starts to talk more.

So my last transfer is finally here! Wow, I never thought this day would come. But hey, I'm glad I'm in this area so that way I can keep a strong effort going to keep working because this area needs experienced missionaries so that one day it will finally become a branch and then its own Ward!

Love you guys and talk to you next week!

Another of my favorite part member families
Me and Elder Malmstrom
Elder Justesen went home this transfer
Elder Biehn

Plus IT STARTED SNOWING! It was the weirdest thing because it was 40 degrees and sunny. Gosh dang Virginia weather, breaking the laws of physics.