Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update


MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas yesterday. I really enjoyed mine because I got to talk to my family again. Crazy part is that was my last time before going home, not to get trunky or anything, haha. Even more crazy than Christmas was Christmas Eve. In the Hispanic culture, Christmas Eve is the big huge celebration rather than Christmas Day. Everyone stays up late with their families until about midnight. Right at midnight is when all the kids are allowed to open their presents. Of course we weren't able to stay out that late but it was still fun to hang out with members until we did have to go home.
Right after church on Christmas!
Baptism of Mireya on Christmas Eve

I loved how Christmas was on Sunday this year. What better way to celebrate Christmas? Sacrament meeting was super special because all we did was read some scriptures about the Savior’s birth and sing Christmas hymns.

Also, WE HAD A BAPTISM! On Christmas Eve! And I had the privilege of baptizing her. She isn't our investigator, she is being taught by the Hermanas but we still have done quite a bit of work with her to help out. Another awesome thing about this baptism is that at the beginning of the year the mission set a goal to baptize 300 people. And I baptized the 300th person on Christmas Eve! I think that is just so awesome and so special. I've never been to a baptism on Christmas Eve but what better gift to get on Christmas than the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Last, but certainly not least; In fact definitely not least, but probably the most important thing. Saving the best for last! Last night we had a conference call with our mission president where he informed us as a mission that we accomplished our goal of 300 baptisms, but then he dropped a bomb shell on us. This upcoming January, so next month, we will be having another General Authority visit. It will be from Elder Gong of the Presidency of the Seventy, but he wanted to bring some others with him too. So it turns out that Elder Ronald A Rasband and Elder M Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will BOTH be coming to our mission to visit. Like this is crazy news! In two years of serving a mission here I have never had an apostle visit. Heck, I've never even met an apostle in my life! And two of them are going to be coming next month! This is so awesome and the whole mission is freaking out right now! Haha, so I'm super excited and it'll definitely be an awesome thing to experience.

So that's it for this week. Awesome news and a great Christmas. Also, I'm going to be going to DC today with some other good buddies in the mission. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and see if I can send them today.
Love you all and have an amazing week!
Elder Biehn