Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everybody!

So I've had quite the week! But first, I'm going to start with what's going on for transfers. Transfers are this Thursday, however, we don't find out any information about them until Tuesday. Which is tomorrow. So up to this point I still have no idea whether I will be staying in Little River or getting transferred. It's honestly up in the air and this is the most nervous I've been for a transfer yet. I very well could stay in little River for one more transfer, that wouldn't be surprising at this point. In fact, I wouldn't even mind that much because I've come to love this ward and things are really starting to pick up in my area. But if I do get transferred out, I literally could go to any area in the mission and it would make sense. I suppose I just have to wait and see, then let you guys know next week what happened.

On Saturday, I had a surprise baptism! One of my investigators from when I served in Springlake got permission from his mother to be baptized! So I got to attend that and it was great to be able to see him again. He was baptized by his best friend in the ward, which was one of the priests. I really enjoyed seeing not only him be baptized, but this priest being able to exercise his priesthood to perform the baptism. I'll include some pictures from it.

Then last night we had a Charla Fogonera, or in other words, a fireside. This one is for new and returning members. I always love these because it gives me the chance to connect with old missionaries that I have served with in past areas, and also see some of my favorite people from past wards. So of course I saw the Bella Vista people that I love, because they always go to these, but I also saw a few people from Springlake as well. I'm hoping it'll be that way with Little River once I leave.

I'm getting to know so many people and making a ton of friends out here, it's crazy! Only on a mission would you be able to make friends from all over the US (and other parts of the world) and still become best friends. I love it and there will definitely be some reunions once my mission has finished. I'm loving my mission and I'm loving all the people that
I am meeting, it's awesome! And by the way, ONE YEAR DOWN! That's right, I just hit my year mark this past Thursday. It's all downhill from here and of course I had the ceremonial burning of the shirt to mark one year of my mission. It's ok, it was an old shirt and I was going to throw it away anyways


Elder Biehn