Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8 - Elder Biehn Weekly Update

Alright, time for another weekly letter to everyone to let you know how I'm doing. I'm going to start with my investigators because I've had a lot of questions about that. So, we have a very small investigator pool because a lot of them are frozen and aren't keeping commitments. I have one baptism scheduled for the 20th of June, but other than that, not much else. We do a lot of work with less actives which I see is just as, if not more important. These people have made their covenants and still fell away and it is more dangerous for them because they actually know. It's like it says in 2 Nephi 31:14 "and after this should deny me, it would have been better for you that ye had not known me." So it's really important we get these people back to church. I know it doesn't have the glory of adding numbers to your baptism count but that isn't the focus. Plus, less active members know a lot more non-Mormons then active members, usually. So we can always ask them for people they think might be interested.

On another note, I had the chance to lead my area this past week. What that means is that my companion leaves for the day and a different elder comes to work with me. Since he knows nothing our investigators I have to do all the planning. I'll tell you, it wasn't easy. The morning is mostly studying and preparing for the day so that was easy, but once the afternoon came it was ridiculous. No one is home between lunch and 4 and so we have to find something to do between that time. Nobody is around and there is absolutely nothing
that we can possibly do because everyone is working. Tracting, visiting, even with members. So we ended up taking care of some loose ends until our prime proselyting hours came.

The past weekend was really good for my companion, and that's because we got fed A LOT. The past three night we've had dinner with someone. And every time it was super filling and I was able to go without eating for at least one meal. I was content with one meal a day, which is absurd for me. Especially last night. One of the members in my ward invited the four elders to dinner at his house. Let me tell you that Argentinian men know how to cook. He had made some of the best carne asada and salchicha I've had in a while. We were all stuffed by the time we were done and very, very happy.

Well that's about it for this week. I look forward to hearing from everyone and I will talk to you next week.

Love
Elder Biehn