Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everyone,

I had a good week because our family that we found is making progress! Honestly, I would be surprised if they don't get baptized. It was awesome because we brought a member with us to our lesson. They are both from Peru and so hit it off instantly. Then they even made it to church. The part was that they were trying to schedule their own ride to get to church. The same member that we took with us was the one to give them the ride, so I'm talking to you members right now. Go with the missionaries! You never know who you might be able to fellowship and you could be the reason that an investigator sticks with the church at first.

On another note, I did a lot of service this week. There is another investigator family that we have that I've been meeting with since I got here, and they haven't done very much along the lines of progressing. But anyways we helped them with yard work. They were laying a lawn. Let's just say I was tired and really sunburnt by the end of it. I found that I need to work on the Christlike attribute of charity because I was not enjoying it. Then later in the week we had a zone wide service project where we were stuffing backs for a set of games that this county puts on. So it ended up being fun because there were other missionaries there that I could talk with.

The end of the transfer is coming up in a week and a half and this next one is going to be crazy. My companion is sure that he is leaving the area, my district leader is finishing his mission, I'm going to have to lead the area, and President Riggs is being released as mission president. We are all counting down the days to June 25 because everything is going to change. And I just got used to it too.

Adios and I will talk to you next week.

Elder Biehn