Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everybody,

This week is the last few days I have before transfer meeting. I'm finishing my training so I'm sure I'm getting a new companion which will be nice. It's at around this point that you feel like you are ready for a change and there are little things that get on your nerves. I also started driving this week as well. My companion used to be the driver but we got a monitoring system called the TIWI. Long story short, he's not allowed to drive anymore. I've missed driving so much. I haven't driven for 4 months and so I was a little worried when I started. But I got the hang of it again and it is so relaxing. On a spiritual note, we had another baptism this past weekend. She was another one of the investigators that I inherited. I was just lucky enough to be here when she agreed to baptism. As for other investigators, we have 3 families that we are teaching. My companion says that is super rare for any part of the mission so I'm super lucky. Two of them look promising, like they will get baptized soon. The other is going to take a bit more work but I'm sure they will.

Adios and I'll talk to you next week!

Elder Biehn

We got to go to Arlington National Cemetery today.  It was one Elder's last p-day in this area.




Arlington National Cemetery
Tomb of the Unknowns - Changing of the Guard

The Iwo Jima Memorial - Elder Milner,
Elder Hernandez, Elder Oran, Elder Biehn





The humidity is horrible!