Monday, July 4, 2016

July 4, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey guys,

This has been one hectic week to say the least. But first things first I have to let you know that Elder Cottle ended up going home during this past week. He has been really sick lately and hasn't been able to do anything. So it's not bad to be sick, it's just that he ha sheen sick like this before and very recently. I took him to the doctor and they diagnosed him with tonsillitis. So in other words he has to get his tonsils removed. We thought this would just be a quick surgery with maybe a week recovery time and boom we're back to work. Well we were wrong. Apparently it's one week of bed rest and then 2 weeks after that of not being able to eat or say hardly anything and then just being in constant pain. So after hearing this, he decided it would be best to go home ASAP. The doctor’s appointment was Tuesday, Wednesday was spent packing, and Thursday president came to pick him up at 5 in the morning. I admit I was pretty sad to see him leave because we had been getting along so well and getting work done in our area, but God has other plans for him right now. For example, now he will be able to see his brother’s wedding! He can also get fixed up so that way he isn't sick all the time. Then he'll come back in August better than ever and ready to work! So I'm looking forward to that, but until then... I'm with Elder Coburn and Elder Thompson in Arlington. Yep, I'm back in my very first area and in my very first apartment. Which I am so thankful for, the other one is trash compared to this haha. But the only difference is I have to sleep on the couch since we don't have enough beds. Woohoo Trio Life!  that's the mission for you. Do what you can to make sure you can work. So I'm only going to be in a trio for two more weeks, until transfers. Then I'll get a new companion and it's back to the falls church apartments. So until then, trio-ing it up in Arlington! It really helps so that I can see my recent converts more frequently  Let's see, anything else?

We played soccer today as a Spanish program. Best part is that it was in the rain too!
What else....
We all got sunburnt from a zone service project we did. Spent the whole morning outside on probably one of the hottest days. And guess who forgot to pack sunscreen... This guy!
Soccer as a Spanish Program
Then I guess the last thing is that one of the hermanas that served in the Bella vista Ward about a year ago passed away in a car accident. A lot of our members here are really upset about it because she did a lot for this Ward. So I would ask if you could just keep this hermana's family and all her friends here in Bella vista in your prayers. Thanks guys
Love you all and I hope you have a great 4th of July!

Elder Biehn
Service Project

Sun burnt after a hard day of service.