Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 26, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey Everybody!

So first things first, I'm alright and there have been no problems because of the storm. In case you haven't heard, there was a huge snow storm that hit the east coast the past few days, I just so happen to be right in the middle of it. My first experience ever with snow and ITS A FREAKING BLIZZARD! Don't get me wrong, I loved being able to see snow and play in it a bit but snow is terrible for missionary work. Friday was when it really hit hard and all mission vehicles were grounded at 12:00 and we weren't even allowed to leave after 5. Luckily they gave us time the day before to prepare for the storm by going to the stores to purchase supplies and food.

Speaking of which, we just had transfers this past Thursday. And I will be staying yet another transfer in Little River! That means by the end of this transfer, I will have been in this ward for 6 months! That is a crazy amount of time mission wise. That's half my mission so far, and a quarter of my total mission. Elder Castillo got transferred though, so now I have a new companion again. His name is Elder Justesen. He is from Washington, the state. So our little thing we have is "West coast, best coast!"

As for the blizzard, we were stuck inside for three days. We were SO bored! At least I had a chance to get to know Elder Justesen a bit more. Anyways, on Saturday after being inside for about an entire day, we were kind of fed up with it, so the other elders were going to help someone shovel snow. We jumped on the opportunity because they invited us to come help. Well, the storm was still going strong but you know us missionaries, we always gotta be working! Here we are after we got to her home...