Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6, 2015 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update



My District
Well, another week has come and gone and here I am again on P-day updating everyone on my week. So I've been with my new companion, Elder Hernandez, for over a week now and things are looking good. We get along really well and work great together. The problem I had with my trainer was that he liked to take over and I hardly said anything. But now it is more 50/50 even though I am still learning Spanish. Good news is that we have a family getting baptized coming up on July 25th!
Watching 4th of July Fireworks at Iwo Jima Memorial

Happy 4th of July btw, I know I'm a few days late but since I can't write until Monday, it's alright. It's awesome being next to the capital of the nation for 4th of July because of the history that is around. For example, me and Elder Hernandez went to the Iwo Jima memorial and watched the fireworks from there. I gotta say, super patriotic. We weren't allowed to proselyte because that would just make everyone mad and cause problem so we wanted to avoid that. We basically just took care of errands the whole day then we were free to enjoy Independence Day after 6:00pm.

I can say that I really enjoy my mission now because it's fun to go and teach the people. I used to dread it but now I have a chance to talk and practice my Spanish way more than I ever could when I was being trained.
Talk to you guys next week!


Love

Elder Biehn