Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everyone,

I can honestly say that not much changes once you get used to the mission field. The only really interesting things to write about are transfers, exchanges, baptisms, etc. but other than that it stays the same. I'm just going through my day making visits and driving. When we do manage to meet someone then it is often not anything too dramatic. We just share a quick message about the family, or Joseph smith, or the Book of Mormon, then we get their number and try to set up a return appointment. Then we move on. That's how street contacts normally go. 
The Washington DC Temple

Me and Elder Hernandez haven't had much luck with finding a ton of new people to teach but we do have quite a bit of investigators right now that are super solid. The family way back that me and Elder Oran found is getting baptized this Sunday on August 2nd! Yay! They are so awesome and they love it when we come over. They will make a great addition to the ward and it really gives me a peaceful feeling knowing that I helped them come to know the gospel. I love that family, I don't think there are better words to describe it. None that I can think of right now anyways. They are so willing to do everything we ask or invite them to. For example, this past Friday us missionaries organized a viernes de pelĂ­cula (movie Friday) for the ward. We all invited our investigators to come and it was a great turn out. We watched Meet the Mormons in Spanish and I can tell everyone loved it. The bishop even said the next Sunday, "ok when is the next time we can organize another one of those?" Score!
Another trip to the temple with some recent converts. 

Then on Sunday, me and Elder Hernandez went to the temple again but with a different group of people. It was with some recent converts that we got to know pretty well. Then the sister of one of the recent converts came with as well. She is our investigator that we have been working with. Anyways, the temple trip was super good because we had a tour about temples and the purpose of them. I know she really enjoyed it along with our whole group that went.

I guess I kind of wrote a lot for having a boring week but those two events really made it good. Everything else was average, lol. Another week come and go.

From
Elder Biehn
We were bored one night...that's all I can say about this picture.