Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Email

Hey everyone!

Wow this week really flew by! It felt like just yesterday was P-day and here it is again. That's kind of good and a bad thing because that means I'm getting pretty close to transfers. I'm almost certain that I'm getting transferred in 3 weeks which is kind of unfortunate because I really love this area and the people that we are teaching and I get along with my companion super well. I think that my biggest fear is that I'm going to get a new companion that I don't like. Plus it will be someone that I don't know at all so I would have that awkward stage at the beginning trying to get to know the guy. But that's the life of a missionary so I really just need to get used to it. What I'm really not looking forward to is having to pack up all my things from the apartment I'm in. That would be hard because I've spent my whole mission life in this area and now I'm going to have to leave it. Also because everything I own fits into 2 suitcases as well but that's another story. So I'm really just trying to enjoy the weeks I have left here and what time I have before I'm uncomfortable again.

Anyways, this past week was really fun. Last P-day I went to DC again with some other elders. We ended up walking around the air and space museums and I could honestly spend days in that building. There is so much cool airplane stuff, and rockets, and outer space models, and World War 2 things. It's so cool! I will definitely be going back to that before my mission is through, probably more than just a couple times. Lol. Afterwards we went out to eat and then walked back to the metro station, then to our car and drove home. Then it was back to work.
The Washington DC Temple

Later in the week, I went with some investigators to temple. It was awesome! The visitor center is huge and has a ton of stuff. I believe the Washington, D.C. Temple is the only visitor center that has a model of inside the temple. It showed the different rooms and a lot of the stuff. We watched the movie "Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration" in Spanish and I understood it! Yay! The sisters gave a tour of the visitor center and it was really fun. Then we all went back outside and took pictures in front of the temple. It is massive! It is in the top 3 biggest temples in the world, next to Salt Lake City temple and Los Angeles temple (woot woot!)

Me and Elder Hernandez are still going in our area and working like crazy. It has slowed down a little bit with the amount of lessons we are teaching so we are planning to do some tracting in this upcoming week. That family we were teaching is still on date and ready to be baptized. We just have a few more lessons to teach them then it's into the water they go. They are super strong and such a great family. Everyone we take with us to visit them says the same thing after each lesson. I'm loving it.
Well, until next week.

From
Elder Biehn


It's also been raining a lot and one of our recent converts left her umbrella behind. So we are holding onto it for her and decided to have some fun while we were at it. (Those are Elder Hernandez's glasses and he said I should should put them on to look "classy")


More of us walking in the rain.