Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Well, to start off, I have good news and bad news.  Bad news is that the family that me and Elder Hernandez were teaching backed out of getting baptized.  When I heard this, I was devastated.  I couldn't believe that this awesome family that we had taught so much to and they were progressing so well actually backed down. Apparently, a member had said something that could have been taken 2 ways and the husband took it the wrong way. So, he got offended and that stalled the progress he was making.  We are trying to meet with them to see what we can salvage.  There is a lesson to be learned from this though.  The whole week before they were going to get baptized, I had a feeling that this is going too fast, I don't know if they are ready. But I just wanted to see them get baptized so I pushed it aside.  God works in mysterious ways and if He will find a way to make it happen. It just turns out that this was the way it needed to be in order to make sure they are ready.  I think by realizing this that it has helped me to really see the bigger picture. It just is terrible thatit had to happen this way and that this member got caught up in it. I realize now that I need to repent and be more receptive to the inspirations of the spirit because that is how God works through us. I am sure that this will end up working out and that everything will be better than it was before.

Now, the good news.  Me and Elder Hernandez have a pretty large investigator pool and I have become close friends with almost all of them.  A lot of them are really close to baptism and things are looking good for the missionary work. The ward is getting excited and more motivated to do missionary work by coming out with us, feeding us, and participating in ward activities and getting to know our investigators.  Its great to see because when I first came it wasn't like this at all.

I'm really enjoying life here in Virginia as a missionary and it seems that time is flying by. It's already August! I remember being in the CCM back in February. Crazy!

From
Elder Biehn