Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everybody!
My Companion - Elder Mortimer

This past week has been crazy to say the least. That is because I have been transferred from my first area. I have a new companion, new area, new ward. Pretty much everything is different. It's so weird! But my new companion is pretty awesome. His name is Elder Mortimer and we have a ton in common. We like like the same music, make the same jokes, and we are the two biggest white guys in the whole Spanish program, haha. Seriously, imagine how funny it is to see two big,blond hair, blue eye, white guys walking around speaking Spanish. It's pretty dang funny. It's only been a few days here and we have already gotten some strange looks.  I'll include a picture of us so you can see. 


In other news, after the transfer we had a mission activity.  Let's just say that there is a member that is loaded with a ton of money, and every year buys tickets for the missionaries to go to a Nationals game.  that's right, I went to a baseball game this past Saturday!  And it isn't just a few missionaries, no, it's the entire mission.  But that's not all, he goes and buys tickets for the two neighboring missions as well.  So there were a couple full sections of missionaries there.  It was so much fun!  Especially after transfers because I got to see the other missionaries I served around and it was in a relaxing environment where we didn't have to worry about working every minute. 


Missionary Night at the Nationals baseball game! It was nice to see old friends!
I really enjoyed watching the game but I enjoyed the fact that I got to spend time with those missionaries that I served around before. I was so happy to see my old district. Half of us had gotten transferred so it's not even close to what it was back in Arlington. It was me and Elder Hernandez, and then 4 other hermanas that I had spent the past 3-5 months with. So it was super good to see them and get pictures. That's something I didn't have a lot of was pictures of them. I didn't think I would want it so much but now I realize how important it is for those memories. So I've got quite a few pictures from that game, especially since most of the missionaries I know now won't make it to the next one a year later. Ugh, making missionary friends is rough. If they aren't in your area then you hardly get to see them.


Overall, crazy week. But I'm getting used to my new area. There's a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it.
Elder Everett - my companion from the Mexico City MTC. 

Love you all and I'll talk to you next week.
Elder Biehn