Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4 - Weekly Update

Hey Everyone!

Ok so there really isn't that much to report on for this week. The schedule stays the same for every single day. The only thing that changes is the investigators that I meet. So please don't get mad at me if these start getting short. Sorry!

Something that I have realized while I have been out here is that this is not easy. I know a lot of people told me it would be difficult but I didn't realize how hard. It's hard! Especially learning a new language. I have a particularly hard time trying to understand what people say. I can talk good enough to get my point across but I can't do that if I don't know what they said. So dang. In order to help me, my companion has decided to be playing just music in Spanish. Yay.


There are some perks to the mission. For example, the members love to feed you. I don't understand why I didn't get any dinner appointments the first 3 weeks but now I'm getting a lot. It's awesome because it's all authentic and home made. Yum! Also, me and some other elders went to get frozen yogurt today. The owners are LDS and said that all missionaries eat for free. So we all got free frozen yogurt today. 


Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday and that means I get to skype with my family! I'm so excited! It's been almost 2 1/2 months and I've only been able to contact them by email, once a week. It'll be good to talk to them because I think that can really help me be motivated. It is definitely discouraging not being able to talk to anyone and learning a new language. My family really has been what has kept me going for these past 2 1/2 months. So, Mother's Day will be a very, VERY, good day. Then it’s back to email and I won't be able to call them again until Christmas. That seems so far away.


Well, that's it for this week. I hope everyone is doing well and just know that I love you all.  Being in the service of the Lord isn't the easiest thing, but it is very satisfying when it pays off.


Love

Elder Biehn