Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey Everybody,

This past week was super crazy for me. I had a lot of people that I met with throughout the week, lots of meeting for all the other missionaries in my area, and I helped plan and pull off a wedding and baptism! It was so stressful planning a wedding because I had no idea what anybody was doing because no one would communicate. It was ridiculous. But overall the wedding went great and the bride and groom were both really happy.

Then the next day was the baptism of the bride. She has been an investigator for a while but she was just waiting on some divorce papers. Long story short, it all worked out and she was able to get married. Then for the baptism, me and my companion went over to her place to fill out the baptismal papers and when we got to the paper of the person who will baptize her, we asked who she wanted. She turns to me and says "could you do it?" I was shocked, and she saw that she had caught me completely off guard. She just laughed and said the look on my face was priceless. But everything worked out and it went perfectly. I was able to say the baptismal prayer, in Spanish, without messing up! It was so cool to have my first baptism.


Overall, the work is going good here in Virginia. I'm enjoying the time I get to go out and talk to people. I'm meeting so many new people; investigators, members, and missionaries alike. One thing that makes it hard to work is that it is becoming summer. And with summer comes extreme humidity is really hot weather. Just a few days ago it was only 80 degrees outside but the humidity made it feel like it was in the 100s. Not looking forward to June-August, that's for sure.



I hope everyone is doing great back at home and I love you all!


Love

Elder Biehn