Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 2, 2015 - Week 5 - Mi Ultimo P-Day en el CCM

Hey Everyone!

First things first. Today is April 2nd and that means it is my brother's birthday.  So I want to start by saying Happy Birthday to him and that I love him so much.

Well today is my last P-day in the MTC. by this time next week I will doing missionary work in the D.C. area.  This is honestly so exciting because I've really wanted to get to the field and start working already.  I really have enjoyed my time here but I am really ready to leave. I've learned so much Spanish here I can have full conversation with the workers and actually understand everything they say and they understand me.  I think I am most excited about being able to speak to people in Spanish because 6 weeks ago that would not have been possible.  I've learned more Spanish in these 6 weeks in the MTC than I ever did in my 2 years of High School Spanish.  I can say to you that the Gift of Tongues is REAL!

This past week though has been kind of rough for me however.  Another district in my Zone had left this past week on Monday.  It was so hard to see them leave because I had been with them for the past 5 weeks.  I had gotten really close to all the Elders in that district and the night that they left many manly tears were shed, Haha.  It was rough to see them go and it was even harder the next couple of days.  Everywhere I went reminded me of them.  The comedor where we all ate together, the classroom where we studied with them, and volleyball because we always played with them.  The good thing is I got all of their E-mails so add them to the list of people I need to contact on P-day.  The one I'll miss the most was Elder Dansie.  He was practically my best friend while in the MTC.  Me and him even made plans to try and visit each other after our missions.  This reminds me of how my dad is with one of his companions.  I hope we are the same way. 
Elder Dansie 

So, remember how I you about how my neighbors pranked us by moving our furniture all around.  Well, I came up with an amazing prank to get them back and it went off beautifully.  The night that 13-C came by to same goodbye is when we pulled it off and they even got to help.  They came at about 4 in the morning to wake us up and say goodbye.  Then we started the prank.  My idea was to place a ton of cups of water in front of their door so they couldn't get out.  It was awesome and hilarious.  It took about 200 cups so the entire week before me and all my roommates would take about 5 cups per meal from the Comedor.  It was slow but sooo worth it.  13-C helped set them all up then they took off. I've got some pictures of how it looked.  The Elders across the hall were good sports about it. They told me about what happened when they saw it.  Apparently one of them woke up and went to walk into the hallway when he saw it.  He goes "What the Heck?!"  So he clears about 40 of the cups out of the way so he can jump it. he then goes to start moving the cups in front of my door.  We open the door and there are two of them moving the cups over. They freeze right in the middle of moving them with the guiltiest look on their face ever.  It was the funniest thing ever.  Of course we helped them clean it all up.  We wanted to measure out the water so we grabbed one of the empty 20 liter bottles we use for drinking water and it filled the entire thing!  They gave us our props so now we are waiting for them to get us back.

Our payback prank before District 13-C left.
Also, my class got pretty bored during study time because we have it for about 5 hours a day.  We found a cart so one of the Elders hopped on and I started pushing him up and down the hall.  Then comes one the Elders from the other district with a rolling chair out into the hall.  They grabbed some of the empty 20 liter jugs and we had a full on jousting competition! I love the things we are able to come up with to entertain ourselves.

Anyways, that’s about it for this week.  I'm not really looking forward to the last few days because it is going to be a lot of testing and meetings.  The plus is that I have the chance to listen to General Conference this Saturday and Sunday.  I'm super excited to listen to the Prophet and the Apostles speak as well as listen to how many missionaries are serving right now, because I'm one of them!

Well everyone, that's it for this week. Next time I write you all I will be in the Washington D.C. area!  I love you all and don't forget to write me.  It's what I look forward to every week.

Love,
Elder Biehn