Monday, November 21, 2016

November 21, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everybody!

Another long and hard week, but it was hard in a good way. I got my new companion and am back in my area which is great. We've been doing a TON of finding.
Eating at Olive Garden

At the beginning of the week we decided to go out to eat as a district (just the elders) because Elder Rascon was going home. He wanted to have a fun last meal together and just so happened to have some gift cards to Olive Garden.

Elder Hernandez, my first companion
Then at transfers, practically everyone was there. It was a blast to get to see old companions and even say goodbye to some of the missionaries going home. One of them is Elder Hernandez, who was my companion all the way at the beginning of my mission.

We also took a Spanish program picture. This is most of the Spanish missionaries in the mission.

Spanish program missionaries
So next up, my new companion is Elder Thompson. I was super excited to see that in transfers because I've already served with him once and I know we get along. Remember back to when I was with Elder Cottle in Bella Vista and he had to go home early? Yeah, so I've technically already been his companion before, but only for 2 weeks.  Our first day together went really good. After transfers we took his stuff back to the apartment and then went out again. We had a good night where we taught one of our progressing investigator families and then also found another less active family. They hadn't been to church in a little over a year! It's just too bad they live in the area that we are losing.

Ward Thanksgiving Dinner - Traditional American Food!
Our second day together was great and probably my favorite day out of this whole week. That's because we had our Ward Thanksgiving dinner on Friday. But the Ward changed things up a bit and decided to go classic American Thanksgiving! No more chicken and rice! There was turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn bread, pumpkin pie, you name it! It was awesome and SOOO good. Like I never thought I would miss American food this much! I was in heaven because I haven't eaten any of these things for almost 2 years! I was sitting with some investigators and they were making fun of me because of how happy I was.

That was all the fun moments of the week. The reason it was sorta difficult was because since transfers, me and Elder Thompson have been doing none stop finding, which basically means knocking doors all day. It's pretty draining and discouraging to be doing that all the time. At the beginning of the week I was super excited to start working in my area again but now I'm kinda ready for a break from finding.  Thankfully we were able to find some cool people and got some return appointments for this upcoming week! So it won't be knocking doors 24/7 anymore.

Well, I believe that's it for this week. Hope you guys have an amazing week!

From

Elder Biehn


P.S. It's starting to get really cold now. Winter is coming!