Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey Everybody!

My week went pretty well if I do say so myself. A lot better than last week when I had gotten sick, that's for sure. What me and Elder Justesen mostly did this week was a lot of tracting. And I mean A LOT. Practically every day for at least an hour at a time. We were able to get in with a couple people which actually surprised me. What usually happens is we stand on the door step trying to give our whole approach about the Book of Mormon or about families or whatever else. Well the first time, we met this lady named Sandra. She opens the door and we introduce ourselves as the missionaries. She invites us right in, without us even saying or asking anything. So we were like, alright, I guess we're going inside this time. We were able to have a good discussion about other religions except she started bashing on the Jehovah Witnesses. I mean it's not our job to bring down other religions but dang this woman was relentless. Haha. Then later this week we were knocking in the same general vicinity and practically the same thing happens! We introduce ourselves as the missionaries and another guy invites us right in. Turns out this guy and his whole family were pastors for some other religion. He was actually super cool!, he even invited us to come to his culto (services) for this Saturday! I'm debating on if I should go, cause I really want to! I'm just glad he didn't try to bible bash with us. As we were talking to him he started bringing out a ton of scriptures from the old and New Testament, and when that happens, alarms start ringing in my head saying get ready to be bashed. But he didn't! So we left a good message along with a Book of Mormon for him to read.

Speaking of bible bashing, guess who we ran into this week... Yep the JWs! Except they more so ran into us because they knocked into us! We had just finished our morning studies when they knocked on OUR door. Super weird. But we didn't bash hardly at all because it was this dude who brought a little girl with him. She gave us the whole thing about searching the bible for answers and whatnot and I really didn't want to ruin this little girl’s day. The older guy however, he really wanted to go at it. We told him we were missionaries as well and he really wanted to start bashing and asking us different questions. But it really just ended with a "have a good day." Oh well, maybe next time if they don't have a little girl with them, then I'll have my chance

So I don't know how many of you have heard of Adelle's new song "Hello." Well, we have but in a different form. Some RMs from Utah decided to make a parody of it about missionaries, and let me tell you me and Elder Justesen have been jamming out to that ALL WEEK! It's awesome and you should go check it out!

Oh, I've gotten a lot of questions about transfers. So next week is transfers, on the 21st. The way I see it, I have a 95% chance that I will be leaving. But I won't know until the Tuesday right before. So that's that for now.

So that about sums it up for my week. Lots of cool stuff happening and I am definitely seeing miracles happen. I love you guys and talk to you next week!

Elder Biehn