Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hello!

So this letter is going to be a bit short because we have choir practice today and I still need to go and do shopping, etc. P-Day things. We only have about 2 more weeks before we (as a mission) perform in the Washington D.C. Temple Visitor Center on Christmas Eve for the Festival of Lights. I think we sound great and it should be an awesome experience. It will be my first time being in a choir, and it'll be my first time singing in front of people.

But I had a really cool experience this past week. Recently, we found a less active member and have been trying to teach her and get her active again. She is really cool, from Nicaragua (don't see that too much here) and acts a lot like a grandma with us. Anyways, we had a lesson with her on Friday and we had Obispo (Bishop) with us. It's a good thing because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to go in. I haven't even seen her husband because he works all the time. So, not only was she home, but also her sister, her friend, and a much younger girl as well. We had already planned on talking about Joseph Smith and the Restoration, so this was perfect! We were able to get them interested by talking about the temple and inviting them to the Festival of Lights, then about other church activities as well. Then we get to the lesson. We were able to talk solely on the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. The spirit was SO strong and it was exactly what I was looking for. I was able to testify of the Restored Gospel so strongly that I even surprised myself! It seemed like they were starting to drift (fall asleep) but once I started talking and testifying, they were wide awake and paying attention. At the end, they were even asking where the church is and what time it starts (but they didn't come yesterday ). We got everyone's contact info and a plan to meet again this upcoming Friday. It was a great lesson and exactly what I needed.

Love you guys and you'll hear from me next week!

Elder Biehn

P.S. Merry Christmas! It's coming up fast!