Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everybody!

So I had a great week! First off, let me show you why...



WE HAD A BAPTISM! Man, it's been a while since I had one of those, haha. But seriously this guy here is awesome. His name is Pedro and he was SO excited to get baptized. Like, he would call us on the phone every day just to tell us how happy he was that he was getting baptized this week. Then he had the biggest grin on his face after he was baptized. He is just so excited to have found the true church because he was originally studying to become a Priest in the Catholic Church. So quite a miracle if you ask me.

Yesterday, I had another one of those "last door" experiences. So it was just after church and our correlation meeting with the Ward mission Leader, and we were out looking for people. We were going through our Area Book trying to figure out who some of the people were because there are just a lot of random names in there. Well, we were in Centreville and it was literally the last person on our list before we were going to call it and go have some dinner. We knock on this last door and of course the guy we were looking for doesn't live there. BUT the guy who did answer the door has seen the missionaries before back in his country of Colombia.  He's also seen the temple as he's been driving on the 495 freeway and was really curious. (That was excellent positioning by the Church to put the 3rd biggest temple in the world right next to the freeway! I've gotten so many questions about it throughout my entire mission because EVERYONE has seen it and it works out perfectly!) Anyways, he invited us right in without even waiting for us to give our typical door approach and an hour later this guy now has a brand new Book of Mormon and has promised to read it and come to church. I LOVE IT WHEN WE FIND THE PREPARED PEOPLE! It makes missionary life so much easier.

So I'm pretty excited to be in this area because we've got a lot going right now. People on date and lots of others that have potential to be put on date and be baptized. Then of course, going out and finding the prepared!

I'm loving my mission right now and being able to teach and testify of Jesus Christ on a daily basis. It really is the source of true happiness once you have a basic understanding of the Gospel. I don't know everything, but what I do know I'm sharing with everyone.
Spanish forum with all the Spanish missionaries in the mission

Love you all and have a great week!

Elder Biehn


Lunch at Cafe Rio after SED Spanish forum