Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22, 2016 - Elder Biehn's Weekly Update

Hey everybody!

Not a bad week in my opinion, I admit it was kinda slow because our investigators that we are visiting are kinda stuck right now with different problems so they can't progress. So things aren't going exactly how I planned with them, like teach, testify, baptize and all but when does it ever go according to plans?? That's why I'm not too worried about it right now. I just need to make sure that they understand the importance of the gospel in their lives. That actually brings up an interesting point. One of the things that we tell people when we actually start to teach them is that if they start to follow God’s commandments then they will experience hardships, which is pretty weird thing to say right? But then we promise them the blessings that come from sticking to the gospel and overcoming the temptations of Satan. That's all those hardships are, is Satan trying to deter them from recognizing the truth by making it appear unattainable. But we know that's not true! That's what we have to help them understand, but it's difficult because at times they don't understand or see the light at the end of the tunnel. Which makes it even more sad when they drop us because of difficulty or distractions.

So we had a couple of cool things happen this week. One of them was Return and Report. That's just a meeting that all the trainers and trainees have about half way through the training process. It was a good meeting and I actually learned a lot of things on how I can be a better trainer because we had all the trainers in one room and all the trainees in another room. From there it really helped to be able to discuss issues that some people were having or success stories to give motivation which was really helpful. Afterwards we met back up and went on our way.

So last night one of the youth had his Eagle Court of Honor. And it was so cool to be able to be there for it because I haven't gone to one in more than 2 years! Like, we stood up to do the pledge of allegiance and I swear I had almost forgotten it, it was that bad! But I loved it, good ol memories from my boy scouting days.

So yep that about sums up my week. OH! One more thing is that transfers are this week. I'm not sure what going to happen for transfers because my mission president has dropped a couple of hints here and there but has never been super clear. So there could be a chance I get transferred. I wouldn't mind since I've already been in this area for a while, and it's looking like I'm only going to have one area left. Speaking of which this Thursday is my 18 month mark! I'm gonna have to do something pretty cool to celebrate.

Love you all and talk to you next week!

Elder Biehn